What is this project?
Thanks to an investment of the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities, InfiniTeach, in partnership with Best Buddies IL, is launching a text-message campaign to help the autism and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) communities stay healthy and safe during COVID-19 and beyond. The campaign will include sharing information and resources on COVID-19 safety measures, such as the COVID-19 vaccines, social distancing, and wearing masks.
How can I help?
We're hiring! As part of the campaign, we will be hiring Peer Coaches to create video and text-based resources, such as interviewing local community members and sharing health and safety tips from experts. For the role of Peer Coach, we are looking for people who are strong advocates for the autism/IDD community and want to support our work in sharing accurate information on staying healthy and safe during COVID-19.
The responsibilities I will have in this role include:
- Completing online training focused on public speaking and effective communication.
Creating resources each month that cover different topics, such as:
- a short video of myself sharing my vaccination story
- a podcast-style interview with medical experts talking about vaccine questions
- a short video conversation with local influencers about safety measures
- a written top ten list of COVID-19 myths
- and more!
- Adding graphics and other accessibility features to the resources I create so they are ready to be posted on the website
- Tracking the hours that I am working on this project and submitting those at the end of every month.
I will be a good fit for this role if:
- I am passionate about advocating on behalf of the autism community
- I have strong written and/or oral communication/AAC skills
- I am comfortable sharing information and/or videos or voice recordings about myself with others
- I have access to a computer and knowledge of basic computer skills, including email and Microsoft Office if I have experience using marketing software like Canva and/or editing software like Adobe Creative Cloud, that is a bonus!
- I can meet deadlines for submitting my work digitally
- I am OK making changes to my work based on feedback from a team.
- Timeline: This is a part-time, contract position that will last 10 months, from September 2021 - June 2022.
- Hours: Approximately 10-20 hours/month.
- Pay: $20.00/hour.
- Location: We want to hire 3-4 coaches from different regions across IL, including Northern Region (Rockford and surrounding); Chicagoland region; Central Region (Springfield and surrounding); and Southern Region (Marion and surrounding).
- Work from home: Yes.
- Application Process: If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the Application Survey. All candidates who complete the survey will be contacted. Then selected candidates will be offered a Zoom interview.
- Questions? If you have any questions or need any help, please contact Katie Hench at [email protected].
InfiniTeach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be presently eligible to work in the United States. This project was supported, in part by grant number 2101ILSCC5-00, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects with government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official ACL policy.